Super Stock ignition systems have been designed primarily for complete S & S engines for high performance at a reasonable price. They are the right alternative to the S & S Intelligent Spark Technology (IST) ignition system or to any performance ignition system on the market. Like its big sister IST, the ignition mounts directly inside the cam cover and has the same function for checking the revs during the running-in period to protect the new engines from any damage. The speed limit will gradually increase as the operating hours increase to a maximum of 6300 rpm after 24 hours of operation. All Super Stock ignitions are pre-programmed simply because you do not need to make any adjustments. The pre-programmed curves have been specifically designed for S & S engines. In addition to these curves the module makes use of the VOES (Vacuum Operated Electrical Switch) to adjust the advance in cases of heavy loads or large accelerations to avoid unwanted beats and detonations. For technical support, each system has the ability to maintain data in memory that can be accessed simply by connecting a PC to the ignition tachometer wire. Each system includes the S & S Super Stock ignition module, a rotor with screws, a VOES switch and all the necessary wiring connections and hardware.
• Single Fire applications, requires a Single Fire coil
• For dual-candle applications requires a pair of double coils or a single 4-output coil
• Minimum primary resistance 3 Ohm
• Pre-programmed, does not require adjustments
• Protection against overloads and short circuits
• Withdrawal delay with VOES due to large loads or sudden accelerations
• RPM limiter at 6300 rpm
• 24-hour break-in limiter to avoid over-run during the break-in period
• Ability to accumulate data for diagnostics
• All Shovelhead systems are compatible with foot ignitions
• Number of ignitions
• Total operating time
• Time spent in various types of revolutions
• Maximum number of revolutions
• Total time at the speed limit
• We recommend the use of Single Fire S & S ZPN750578 high output coils to be ordered separately.
• Generator motors require a special distributor, designed to accommodate an electronic ignition and distributor gears with reverse rotation.
S & S Super Stock ignition For Shovel style 80 CI engines
Registered users can share their experience with this product. Register to access all of the benefits reserved to registered users or click on login if you are already registered.